A competition analysis, with the right approach, might just be the foundation of your commercial success. There is a number of competitor analysis methods, but be sure to consider the following:
• How many other escape room owners are in your place?
• What ER topics do they have?
• Are they popular? What are the most popular, what are the least popular?
A step-by-step guide to analyzing your competition:
1) Compile the list of the most popular ERs on the same topic in your location.
2) Visit the Top 5 rooms.
3) Make a list of criteria to consider when visiting the rooms.
4) Make a plan to surpass the competitors for each criteria for your future room.
5) Stick to the plan.
If you know that horrors are a success, use it. Let your new room be even scarier. Do the players in your location like ghost stories? They are sure to love a vampire-themed room. It is not a direct competition, but you are sure to get a lot of visitors and a quick return on your investments.
It stands to reason that having the same storyline as your competitors spells failure. But say, your competitors have a very popular ghost-themed room? Another horror-themed room may be successful as well, but if it is about vampires. It is not a direct competition, but you are sure to get a lot of visitors and a quick return on your investments.
Actually, there are many reasons why horror themes are popular and attract customers
We have run through the main considerations for choosing the escape game theme of your new room. The better your aim, the more success your project will have. Good luck!
If you need assistance choosing a right ER for you, please contact us, we will be happy to help.